A. Description of Our Service/Product
C. Our Collection of Personal Information
- A right to access, update or delete information in our possession.
- A right to rectification, i.e. to request Us to correct any information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- A right to object, i.e. a right to object to our processing of the information.
- A right of restriction, i.e. a right to request that We restrict the processing of the information in certain ways.
- A right to data portability, i.e. a right to be provided with a copy of the information in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- A right to withdraw consent, i.e. a right to draw consent to Us processing the information.
Please note that, in the case of Website Visitors, we collect relevant information on the basis that our access to that information has already been consented to by the relevant data subject, either as a condition of using the relevant Website, or in connection with the subject’s subscription to or use of a relevant Social Media Platform, or via another third-party relationship. Any person located within the EU who claims that their privacy rights have been affected by Us will be asked to verify their identity and location before We can respond to their claim. We will use our best endeavours to respond to all inquiries about Personal Information quickly and courteously. An EU resident may have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of their Personal Information, and are encouraged to check with their local Data Protection Authority to learn what their rights are.
D. Consent to and Authorisation of Collection
E. Policy Details
1. Why We Collect Personal Information
As indicated above, We collect Personal Information for the general purposes of managing a Client relationship, in the course of marketing our Services and/or Products, or for monitoring our Website (where we have enabled that activity). The specific purposes for which We collect Personal Information, in whatever form, include the following:
- To facilitate the delivery of our Services and/or Products.
- To monitor the use of our Website by Website Visitors.
- To facilitate the use of and access to interactive features of our Website.
- To monitor and measure the performance of our Website.
- For technical reasons, to detect, prevent and respond to operational problems with our Website and the delivery of our Services and/or Products.
- To provide Clients with commercial information that they have consented to receive.
- To comply with our contractual and statutory obligations.
2. How We Collect Personal Information
3. What We Use Your Information For?
As explained above, We use Personal Information in the course of providing our Services and/or Products to our Clients, or for our own business, administrative or management purposes. This includes things like: tracking the volume of sales; creating Client profiles; facilitating communications with Clients; facilitating ordering, inventory, invoicing, administration and other customer service operations; and dealing with inquiries and warranty claims.
4. Where Do We Store Your Information?
We store Personal Information that We collect in a secure manner. If the information is in paper form, it will be held in our office in filing cabinets which are locked when not in use. If the information is in electronic form, it will be held in our computer systems which are password-protected. In some situations, electronic information may be transferred to external (cloud) servers owned and operated by third parties on which We rent space, or where persons We have disclosed the information to rent space. Example: We may transfer copies of invoices or records of payments of wages and other benefits to Our accountant or bookkeeper, and that person may store the invoices on their computer system or in the cloud. Those storage systems may be located within Australia and/or outside Australia, i.e. in other countries. Although We use our best efforts to ensure that all Personal Information that We collect is kept safe and secure, and that we rely only on trustworthy business partners, We are not in control of servers rented from or operated by third parties, and therefore cannot decide where those resources are located, or guarantee that those servers will be immune from hacking or unauthorised access. If any breach of security of a server used by Us or one of Our business partners comes to our attention, We will take immediate steps within our ability to rectify the problem.
5. How Do We Protect Your Information?
We use our best endeavours to store Personal Information in a secure way that is consistent with best practices in our industry in Australia. If our Clients are given online access to a client area of our computer system in which their information is stored, or by which it is submitted to us, then We will provide the Clients with login IDs and passwords to make that access more secure. Each Client, however, is entirely responsible for maintaining the security of its account password, login details and other account information, and is not permitted to share that information with anyone else without our permission. We retain Personal Information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which the information was collected, or as may be required to comply with our legal or contractual obligations (including under our TOU), or to resolve any disputes. We review the Personal Information in Our possession at regular intervals and delete information that We don’t have a legitimate need to retain.
6. Third Party Websites
If our Website includes a link to a third party website, We cannot accept responsibility for any person’s interaction with that other website, although We use our best efforts to avoid linking to any website that We learn has any suspicious or malicious aspects.
7. Notifications From Us
Clients will be given the opportunity to opt in or opt out of receiving commercial information from Us, e.g. notifications regarding new services or products. We will send Clients administrative and account-related messages that they may not opt out of, because of the importance or legal significance of those messages. To terminate all communications from Us, a Client must close down its account with Us.
8. How You Can Access Your Personal Information
Subject to and in compliance with any applicable regulations or laws, We will allow You, at any time, to access, check, review, or request the edit, update and/or delete your personal account-related information that We hold, unless:
- We are legally permitted or required to deny You access to, and/or to retain, the information; or
- You make request(s) that are unreasonably repetitive, require Us to make a disproportionate technical or administrative effort, or to risk the privacy of other persons, or where the request would be highly impractical to comply with.
9. How You Can Make Inquiries
10. Updates to this Policy
11. Legal Information